After your implant placement surgery, you should take it easy for 48-72 hours. We recommend that you:
- Stay well-hydrated
- Apply an icepack to your face at 20-minute intervals for 2 days following your surgery
- If you received implants in your upper jaw, do not blow your nose for 2 weeks
- Do not chew directly onto the bone graft
- Maintain a soft diet for a couple of days following your procedure
- Take all prescribed medications as directed
You may experience slight bleeding for two days following surgery. An increase in temperature of 1-2 degrees is also normal and is no cause for concern. Please follow all post-operative instructions provided to minimize your risk of infection and complications after your implant surgery.
For more information, and to schedule your appointment with Dr. Aaron Bushong and Dr. Beau Schneiss at our dental office in Green Bay, Wisconsin, please contact Green Bay Smiles at 920-339-9013.